Table of Contents
- Things to Know About the Best Baby Bottle Warmers
- Types of Baby Bottle Warmers
- Other Features of Baby Bottle Warmers
- List of 8 Best Baby Bottle Warmers Reviews
- 1. The First Years Night Cravings Bottle Warmer and Cooler
- 2. Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer and Breast Milk Warmer
- 3. Boon Orb Bottle Warmer
- 4. The First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer
- 5. Tru-Temp Bottle Warmer and Cooler
- 6. Philips Avent Fast Baby Bottle Warmer
- 7. Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Baby Bottle Warmer
- 8. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Portable Travel Baby Bottle Warmer
When your baby is screaming for a bottle, it can be frustrating to wait for the hot water to make the milk warm. Many babies refuse to take a cold bottle and using one of the best baby bottle warmers simplifies a step in a parent’s busy life. A parent can put the bottle into the warmer and change the baby’s diaper. By the time they return, the milk is toasty warm and ready for the baby to drink.
There are dozens of baby bottle warmers on the market in 2019. The variety can be difficult to navigate. It seems as if they all have different features and highlights. Baby bottle warmers aren’t all created equally, so parents should spend some time researching what features are important for them.
Things to Know About the Best Baby Bottle Warmers
As I mentioned above, not all baby bottle warmers are created the same. There is quite a variety. You may not be concerned about automatic shut off features. If you are a breastfeeding mother, you have other concerns to consider when selecting a bottle warmer. Let’s take a look at these features, so we can help you understand the differences.
What Breastfeeding Mothers Need to Understand
Breastfeeding mothers can still use baby bottle warmers, but we need to consider the possibility of overheating the milk. You may think overheating is no big deal, but high temperatures of breast milk do more than pose a safety risk to your child.
When a mother nurses her baby, the breast milk comes out warm and at her body temperature. 98.6 degrees is the average temperature for breast milk. It is more lukewarm than hot. There is no need to make milk hot.
However, most baby bottle warmers heat the milk beyond 98.6 which can cause the milk to lose some of its nutritional value. Breast milk is often referred to as liquid gold; our bodies create milk that supports and grows our children for the first two years of life. It is a shame to waste all of the amazing vitamins and benefits inside of a bottle of breast milk.
When breast milk reaches 104 F, the nutritional value is going to start to degrade. As the temperature increases past 104 F, the immunological value will deteriorate. Significant degradation is at 113 F when breast milk can lose 50% of its activated enzymes in 1 minute! Mothers have to be careful not to leave their breast milk at these high temperatures; extended periods of time at high temperatures can degrade the nutritional value all together!
Types of Baby Bottle Warmers
You will notice as you browse the options that there is two main types of bottle warmers – water bath and steam heat warmers. Both types use water to warm the bottles, but the methods are different.
- Steam heat bottle warmers use an internal heating element to heat up the water than the bottles. These types of bottle warmers heat bottles much faster than water bath canners. The milk can get hot rather quickly when using a steam heat warmer.
Steam heat isn’t the ideal choice for breast milk. It can unevenly heat the milk, resulting in hot spots that can burn your baby’s mouth. Also, parents have to make sure to pay attention, so the milk doesn’t exceed 104 F for an extended period of times.
- Water bath bottle warmers are one of the most attractive options, especially for breastfeeding mothers. They do heat the bottles slower, but they do so at a consistent temperature. This is important for parents who use breast milk.
Water bath warmers work by circulating warm water around the bottle, gently increasing the temperature of the milk rather than rapidly increasing the temperature. Water bath bottle warmers are ideal for keeping all of the nutritional value in the breast milk.
Other Features of Baby Bottle Warmers
Here are some things you should think about when making your purchase.
Automatic Shut Off
Some bottle warmers have an automatic shut off feature. They will turn off automatically after a set period. Others will turn off based on a particular temperature, although these types tend to be more unreliable. This isn’t a critical feature, but it can make the process easier.
There are dozens of baby bottles on the market. Children, especially breastfed ones, are notorious for being picky. Parents may have to try several types before arriving at the winner. Many breastfed babies prefer a wide necked bottle because they mimic a mother’s breast more accurately. However, some bottle warmers on the market cannot take wide mouth bottles.
Also, some parents prefer to use glass rather than plastic. There are bottle warmers that only take plastic bottles because the rapid heating process can cause the glass to break. Parents that want to use glass bottles need to find a warmer that is safe for glass bottles.
Babies can go from happy to starving in minutes, or so it feels when they are screaming for their next bottle. Bottle warmers will list how long it takes to heat up different sized bottles. This is one of the most important features for many parents.
Besides the time it takes to heat a bottle, you need to think about the consistent manner in which it heats. A warmer that inconsistently heats will lead to hot spots. Babies can burn themselves, as well as parents.
Ease of Cleaning
Because the bottle warmer comes in contact with your child’s food, it is going to need to be cleaned on a regular basis. Some baby bottle warmers are harder to clean than The pieces should all come apart in an easy way, but you don’t want a warmer with dozens of pieces to clean. The best option will have just a few you need to clean on a regular basis.
You are going to use your best baby bottle warmer on a daily basis, so chances are you will keep it on your kitchen counter. If you have a small kitchen, you don’t want to tie up valuable space for a bottle warmer. For those with space issues, it is going to be important to select a compact warmer instead of the double bottle warmers.
If you are looking for a traveling bottle warmer, you may want to consider regulations for traveling by airplane. The FFA has some strict rules. They don’t allow gel substances on the plane. Also, airplanes don’t have plugs, so they eliminate many options. Finding the perfect option for a plane can be difficult.
List of 8 Best Baby Bottle Warmers Reviews
1. The First Years Night Cravings Bottle Warmer and Cooler
Making a bottle in the middle of the night is one of the worse tasks. You are tired and fumbling to make a bottle, while your baby is crying because of hunger. Sometimes, you overheat the bottle and have to wait for it to cool down. Other times, you may forget to heat the bottle all together!
The First Years Night Cravings Bottle Warmer heats bottles to the perfect temperature each time. The removable cooler will keep a bottle cool for eight hours. It can also chill baby food. Then, the unit can heat chilled milk and food up in minutes. The bottle warmer can also sterilize pacifiers.
Why Purchase the First Years Night Cravings Bottle Warmer and Cooler?
- It fits a variety of bottles included wide neck and disposables.
- The cooler will keep two bottles cold for eight hours.
- The unit holds enough water for two feedings.
- The automatic shut-off feature turns the light off when the warming is complete.
- It heats bottles up in 5 minutes.
How Does It Work?
- The First Years attached an insulated compartment in the back of the unit that keeps two 8-ounce bottles cold for eight hours.
- Those bottles are kept cold with frozen water.
- The front unit electrically heats the added water and creates steam.
- The steam heats the bottle in 5 minutes to the correct temperature.
Things to Know About This Warmer
- It is not recommended for glass baby bottles.
- Because it is a steam heat baby bottle warmer, it is important to shake the bottle first and test the milk to make sure it has not overheated.
- All you need to use to clean the unit is mild soap and a sponge.
- The basket is removable and should be washed
- The First Years recommends adding vinegar to the warming chamber and letting it stand for an hour to remove mineral deposits.
- The entire unit weighs 3 pounds and has the dimensions of 7 x 10.2 x 10.5 inches.
2. Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer and Breast Milk Warmer
If you are a mother looking for a bottle warmer designed to heat breast milk the correct way, you don’t have to look any further than the Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer. They followed the safest recommendations for heating breast milk, according to the CDC and USDA guidelines. Kiinde Kozii uses flowing, warm water to gently thaw and warm up breast milk instead of heating the milk rapidly. This method gives consistency to the heat, resulting in fewer hot spots.
Why Should You Buy the Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer and Breast Milk Warmer?
- It follows the correct recommendations to heat up breast milk.
- Kiinde Kozii uses the safest method – water bath warming – to heat the milk rather than steam heat. Their patent-pending technology is “SAFEheat,” and it heats the milk up to a lower temperature than steam.
- The warming chamber is universal and can accommodate a wide variety of options like formula, breast milk, storage bags (both frozen and thawed), liner bottles, plastic bottles, glass bottles, and baby food jars. You can even use steel baby bottles!
- When the milk is heated, the warmer automatically shuts off and removes the heat source. The milk won’t overheat.
- On average, it will take four to 10 minutes to heat the milk, depending on the beginning temperature
- Parents don’t have to add water with each use. The reservoir holds enough water to give the parents a break. This is because the operating temperature isn’t as high as other warmers.
- The simple interface will let you know how much time is left before the bottle is thoroughly heated.
The Kiinde Kozzi weighs 1.8 pounds. Its dimensions are 8 x 8 x 6 inches. It is phthalate-free, BPA-free, lead-free and latex free.
The Kiinde Kozzi is a compact, easy to use, safe and consistent baby bottle warmer. However, it does take longer than other warmers, and it is priced higher than the other brands.
3. Boon Orb Bottle Warmer
Boon creates a sleek and innovates baby products. Their designs are fun and look awesome on your kitchen counters. Boon believes baby products can be stylish and functional. It isn’t hard to believe that they created one of the best baby bottle warmers of 2019!
There are plenty of reasons why it makes a list for best warmers. You can fit almost any bottle type into the warming chamber, including wide neck bottles and plastic bottles. The basket is perfect for baby food jars. It comes with a graduated tube to correctly measure water to be steamed. Also, the integrated automatic shut off feature is great for security.
Why Does the Boon Orb Bottle Warmer Stand Out?
Boon products have many highlights that make them stand out among the other items.
- It is a steam heat baby bottle warmer.
- It warms up the milk and baby food evenly and in an efficient manner.
- To warm the milk, it takes less than 5 minutes.
- The Orb can accommodate any size and shape of bottles.
- The base is stable, with a non-skid base.
- Like all Boon products, the Orb bottle warmer is BPA-free, phthalate free, and PVC free.
Things to Note about This Bottle Warmer
- The warmer weighs 1.5 pounds, and its dimensions are 5.5 x 6.2 x 6.2 inches.
- Always allow the heating elements to cool for 10 minutes before heating another item.
- Clean the warming chamber with a damp cloth and mild soap. Air dry the unit after cleaning.
4. The First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer
Next up on our list of the best baby bottle warmers is another great product from The First Years. It is a highly reviewed product, receiving a 4 out of 5 stars with over 2,000 reviews! Parents enjoy this warmer because it is perfect for warming bottles, baby food jars, and sterilizing pacifiers. We love products that have multiple uses!
Reasons to Purchase the First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer
- It is a warmer that uses steam heat to warm the milk.
- The bottle warmer is broad enough to fit most bottles, including wide neck bottles such as the Closer to Nature Tommee Tippee bottles.
- The reservoir can hold enough water for two uses. At night, you don’t have to worry about measuring water while fumbling to warm a bottle.
- The automatic shut-off feature turns off the light when the bottle is finished warming.
- On average, a bottle will take between two and four minutes to be heated, depending on the starting temperature.
Important Things to Note about the First Years Bottle Warmer
There are so many great features about this bottle warmer. First, it is only 1.4 pounds, and its dimensions are 8 x 5 x 5 inches. If you are looking for a compact bottle warmer, you can’t go wrong with the First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer. They made the warmer lead-free, nitrosamine free, BPA free, Latex free, PVC free, and phthalate free! You can feel secure about using this product for your child.
How Does It Work?
The process to heat a bottle is simple with this bottle warmer.
- Using the included measurement bottle, measure the right amount of water based on the ounces in your bottle. Put the water in the middle of the warmer.
- Place your bottle of milk into the chamber.
- Turn it on and set the timer for the correct amount of time for your bottle.
- The unit will begin to boil the water quickly, and steam will heat the bottle.
- When the milk is heated, the timer will shut off the light. Remember to test the milk to make sure it is the correct temperature.
5. Tru-Temp Bottle Warmer and Cooler
Next in our review of the best baby bottle warmers is the Born Free Tru-Temp Bottle Warmer. It comes with a cooling chamber that has two ice packs. It can hold two baby bottles and keep them chilled for eight hours. The warmer and cooler are designed to make your life easier as a parent. There are some impressive features you need to know about this great product!
Important Product Highlights about the Born Free Tru-Temp Bottle Warmer
- It is designed to safely warm breast milk and formula to the best temperature.
- It can warm a 5oz bottle in three minutes and a 9oz bottle in four to six minutes.
- The automatic shut off turns the warmer off when the milk is at the right temperature.
- You don’t have to fill the warmer with the exact amount of water. Instead, you fill up the reservoir once every day or two. Then, you program the size of the bottle, and it will use the right amount of water to heat it.
- You don’t have to make any calculations. Select the right setting based on your bottle size and type. Then, you push the button for either room temperature or refrigerated.
- The cooler keeps bottles chilled for eight hours.
- It is a sleek, stainless steel so it will complement your kitchen.
The Born Free Tru-Temp weighs 3.8 pounds, which is more than the other bottle warmers in the review. It measures 10.4 x 9.2 x 7.8 inches, making it one of the larger bottle warmers on our reviews.
Why Should You Buy It?
Even though the Born Free Warmer uses steam heat, it does so in a safe and correct manner for both kinds of baby milk. The cooler can chill two bottles, which makes it a great option if your child wakes up more twice a night. Unlike other warmers, you only have to fill the reservoir once a day at most.
However, the heating temperatures can be too high, so breastfeeding mothers have to watch carefully. Also, the price is much greater for this bottle warmer.
6. Philips Avent Fast Baby Bottle Warmer
When you are looking for the best baby bottle warmer, you should look at the warmers created by the leading baby bottle companies. Philips Avent makes some of the most popular baby bottles on the market. Their bottle warmer is one of the best on the market, for many reasons.
Reasons to Purchase the Philips Avent Premium Bottle Warmer
- It heats the milk in a short amount of time. Because it is designed to heat the bottles with circulating, heated water gradually, it will heat a 3-5oz bottle in 10 minutes.
- It keeps the bottles at a controlled temperature for 20 minutes.
- Avent designed their premium bottle warmer with breast milk in mind. It gently heats the fluid, preserving the nutrients and vitamins in the milk.
- Because it uses a flowing warm water bath, there will be no hot spots in your breast milk to burn your baby.
- There are three warming settings so you can pick the right temperature for your baby as well as options for defrosting and warming baby food.
- An integrated sensor tracks and controls the temperature of the milk to prevent overheating.
- Parents can use the warmer to thaw frozen breast milk or baby food safely.
- You can use the bottle warmer with all types of bottles, including wide neck bottles. It also heats up baby food.
- Avent offers a two-year
The Avent Premium bottle warmer weighs 1.7 pounds, and its dimensions are 7.3 x 7 x 6.4 inches. The process to heat a bottle is simple with only a few steps.
- Plug in the bottle warmer to a power source.
- Add the recommended amount of water based on your bottle size.
- Place the bottle inside of the chamber.
- Select the temperature you desire.
- Once the milk or baby food is warm, the indicator light will like you know it’s ready. Always test to make sure the food is the correct temperature.
7. Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Baby Bottle Warmer
The Dr. Brown’s Bottle Warmer is one of the best baby bottle warmers on the market. It is a simple, compact unit that comes with a lid. This is a steam heat bottle warmer. It has a large water chamber that can heat several bottles before it needs to be refilled. The basket is adjustable so that you can fit baby food jars and different sizes of bottles. Another nice feature is the visual countdown on the timer. It lets you know how much time is left, so you can run and change the baby’s diaper or grab a bite to eat yourself!
Important Product Details about the Dr. Brown’s Bottle Warmer
- It can heat up bottles in four minutes, depending on the starting temperature of the bottle.
- If you decide to use 4oz bottles, you can use the basket to lift it out without burning yourself.
- One major downside to the Dr. Brown’s Bottle Warmer is that it doesn’t fit wide neck bottles. It was specifically designed for Dr. Brown’s bottles, which are narrow and tall. However, you can use plastic and glass bottles safely.
- Parents can sterilize the pacifiers on the basket.
- Once the heating cycle ends, there is a beeping sound to let you know the milk is heated and ready to go.
- It is designed as a space saving warmer, so if you have a small kitchen, it could be the best option.
- Also, unlike some other bottle warmers, it is reasonably priced.
Things that Parents Should Note before Purchase
As we mentioned above, you can’t use all shapes of bottles with this bottle warmer, which is a huge downside. Another worry about Dr. Brown’s bottle warmer is that many parents say it overheats the bottles. That is a major problem for breastfeeding mothers because you don’t want to degrade the breast milk. Also, the reservoir is narrow, so you may find it harder to clean this unit.
8. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Portable Travel Baby Bottle Warmer
Parents are often on the go, and your baby may only take a bottle if it is warmed. We don’t always have access to hot water, so a traveling bottle warmer is a great purchase to make life a little easier. If you use the Closer to Nature bottles by Tommee Tippee, there is no better option. The warmer will heat everything from breast milk, formula and baby food.
How to Use the Tommee Tippee Travel Bottle and Food Warmer
- Parents add boiling water into the provided insulated thermal container and securely fasten the lid.
- When it is time for you to heat your baby’s bottle, pour the hot water from the thermal container into the lid.
- Put your baby’s bottle into the hot water to warm. It will gently heat the bottle.
Tommee Tippee Product Highlights
- The thermal flask will keep the water hot without requiring any external warming source.
- The flask is stainless steel.
- The lid in which you heat the baby’s bottle is BPA and phthalate free.
- It is compact and will fit into your diaper bag.
- Tommee Tippee is the number one feeding brand in the United States and the fastest growing bottle brand in America.
There are some small negatives to the Tommee Tippee bottle warmer. It can be quite bulky to carry in your diaper bag. It weighs 11.7 ounces without any water, and its dimensions are 2.8 x 11.4 x 13.2 inches. The design of the warmer is great, but it can only keep the warmer hot for a short period. The Tommee Tippee may not be the best option for all day trips.
There are some awesome choices for the best baby bottle warmer. There is no way just to select one as the best because it is going to depend on a family’s specific needs. You may choose two of these baby bottle warmers – one for at home and one for on the go.
When you are making your final selection, you need to think about your specific needs.
- Do you want something that can travel with you everywhere? If so, the WarmZe may be the best option.
- Do you want something that has a cooler as well for easy nighttime parenting? If so, the Born Free Tru-Temp or The First Years Night Craving may fit the bill.
- If you want something compact, The First Years Quick Serve or Dr. Brown’s Bottle Warmer may be an excellent
- Are you a breastfeeding mother? Kiinde Kozii or the Philip Avent Premium Bottle Warmer are two great options that heat breast milk in the appropriate way.
Once you have determined the necessary features for you, it will help narrow down your selection. Check the size, so it doesn’t take up too much space in your kitchen. There are no wrong choices unless it doesn’t match the needs of your family!
Do you have a favorite baby bottle warmer? Let us know in the comments!